Monday, July 22, 2013

Cheap Thrill - Three free containers of cat litter... and I earned a few bucks too.....

This morning I decided that I would look around for some pet supply deals that would defray our expenses this year. My goal was to spend no more than thirty minutes and score enough cat litter for our one little kitty to last until the end of 2013. I easily found three rebate deals that fit the bill, I got 3 big containers of kitty litter for just the tax:

World's Best Cat Litter
www.worldsbestcatlitter.com

Feline Pine
http://www.felinepine.com


Dr. Elsey's
http://www.preciouscat.com/


All you do to get these rebates is go buy the products, print the rebate form from the website and follow the directions for what to mail or email in. ( Remember if you buy all three in one shopping trip to have the cashier ring three separate transactions- that way you have an original receipt to send to each company.)

Of course, being the coupon lady I had to take this a step further.  I found coupons for each item online and redeemed the coupons when I made the purchase. This means that I will actually make money on each transaction and get free kitty litter.  Here is how this works:

I printed out a $2.oo off coupon for Feline Pine. Went to Petsmart and bought the litter for $15.99 and used the coupon for $2.00 off. So I paid a net of $13.99 plus tax for my kitty litter.

I will then send off the rebate form. When you fill in a rebate form - you specify what the price of the item was before coupons. In this case I would tell them I paid $15.99 ( this is the price on my receipt). The rebate is good for any purchase of Feline Pine up to $14.99. This means the check I will  get in 6 weeks or so will be for $14.99 netting me a $1.00 more than I actually paid.

Using coupons on rebates does not sound like it would be worth the time it takes to do it especially since I did pay tax on the items as well. But today I picked up three rebate items and I netted $6.00 due to the coupons I used. Plus Petsmart gave me $5.oo of  rewards to use on another item. So I covered the taxes on the products and made a few bucks as well... the perfect coupon storm.


In six weeks I will be paid for all the litter I bought and I can proceed on to the next product!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers