Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cheap Thrill- Another use for your KitchenAid Mixer: pulling pork or chicken.

Today in cake class, we had a discussion about what in the heck you could use your KitchenAid Mixer for if you were not just making cakes with it. I found this topic a bit funny because, when I got my KitchenAid I was very worried my husband had paid much more for it than we would ever get out of it! It turns out I was very wrong, I use my Stand Mixer about 5 days a week ( when I am feeling well) . My mixer and my Chambers Stove are the two kitchen items that I will never be without.

So I thought I would show you one of the neat uses for a KitchenAid Stand Mixer that I found online. This is an especially good tip since we make and eat so much BBQ here in the south. Your mixer can be used to pull pork or chicken. All you have to do is remove the BBQ from the bones and put it into your mixer  bowl in small batches. I use the dough hook attachment and pull my pork on low speed. It makes a really tedious long job into a short easy one!!!


If you would like to see a demo, here is one I found on You tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTr3hPvYVTQ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers