Sunday, April 20, 2014

Cheap Thrill - Saturday morning restoration project.

Ever since I got my 1950's appliances, I have wanted a Vintage Cosco kitchen cart. Problem is Cosco carts from the 1950's in good shape are rare and expensive. I tried for months to find one and just could not find one I could afford that fit in my kitchen.

A couple weeks ago, I finally found one on EBay that is the shape I wanted. It was only $38.99 plus shipping versus the $200.00 they normally sell for in good condition. Of course, it had a good bit of rust and wear. Structurally it was in good shape.

I spent Saturday morning before class sanding and refinishing the enamel. The paint was only $3.50 since I used Michael's coupons to purchase it.

Check out the results! It felt so good to do something artistic....


 

1950's Cosco cart after, with all my 1950's kitchen goodies........


1950's Cosco cart before....




































 

2 comments:

Followers